Tuesday, September 2, 2008

So very helpful

Special K has a really amusing --bordering on irritating-- habit of being overly helpful and explanatory in her notes and emails. Her handwritten notes or emails to us are often written in such copious detail that they would be incredible helpful if we were, say, first-day employees in a new 84-story office compound -- and mentally retarded.

The contents of a handwitten note found on my chair after lunch:

Mon 8/4/08 1:40pm

s-

DHL (express company) dropped off a box (RH catalouges?) for you. The box is downstairs (1st floor) on the credenza.

-special K

I've worked in an office long enough, and well, don't lived in the woods to know what DHL is (although I'm not certain that "express service" truly explains it).

I was actually impressed that she correctly inferred what the package might contain! Again, I always assume that she doesn't know what goes on around here, what we do here, or even where she is most of the time. Oh, wait. M told her what the package might be. Well, hey. The transfer of m's thought to paper is already above and beyond... Finally, not only do mail and "express deliveries" always sit in the same place, this is a 2-story building. My office is on the 2nd floor. Meaning downstairs could only be the 1st floor. Now, there could be some sort of catacomb area underground here. But if there was, I wouldn't take a torch down the ricketty ladder looking for my mail.

No comments: