Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fed Ex International Pouches are CONTRABAND!!!

A couple weeks ago, we seemed to be out of clear pouches for Federal Express -- or "Fed Ex," as the kids say. I asked K if she had any or if she could please order some.

She got all hushed and secretive and informed me that "we are no longer allowed to use the clear international pouches."

Um, they are free and kinda necessary... Did I mention they are free?

I asked K why -- did Fed Ex dictate this rule? Like, are the pouches a choking hazard?

She told me that our accountant said that we are no longer permitted to order or use these supplies. (Did I tell you these are free?) Since I can see no rational reason for being denied my clear pouches, I ask K why our accountant said this, to which she gives her one of her standard flustered reply of "I don't ask any questions. It's none of my business." Actually, as office manager, it is your business. And maybe there are times when you should ask questions. Hey, stand up and MAKE THIS your business!!! You'd think that she was covering up an office affair or something.

Oh, and for the insanely curious, the story ends with the accountant laughing and telling me she never even had a discussion with Special K about Fed Ex supplies.

That's sounds about right.

No comments: