Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Special K Composes an RSVP Letter

How much do you want to bet that Mr. C's lowly day of sifting through boring "check yes or no" RSVPs was brightened by this thoughtfully thorough faxed response to his organization's dinner invitation? I often wonder if Special K writes just as detailed responses for event declines? I bet she does.*

Dear Mr. C:

This is to notify you that the attached email message was sent to me via my computer requesting the names of the two individuals from my non-profit organization who will be attending the Friends of the XXX Dinner to be held on x date. A total of two people from this organization will be attending this dinner.

Mr. J, [full title] at Our Place of Employment, and The Boss Lady, [full title] at Our Place of Employment, (a total of two people), will by attending the Friends of the XXX Benefit Dinner that will be held on x date.

Once again, I remind you that I have attached a two page email message that was received by Your Organization requesting the names and number of guests from our organization who will be attending the benefit dinner to be held in London on x date.

I have also attached a copy of the dinner invitation that was mailed to us, and the written names and addresses of the two people planning to attend.

Please contact me by telephone (xxx-xxx-xxxx), fax (xxx-xxx-xxxx), or by email to confirm receipt of this faxed information (and invitation). With all best wishes,

Sincerely,
Special K


* Special office funtime option: Read this aloud and down a shot every time the number of people attending is noted, the date of the dinner is repeated, or the attached copy of the invitation is mentioned. I'm sure Mr. C did.

2 comments:

M said...

Why am I always so drunk after reading this?

grayls said...

this person is truly tragic (if not completely fabricated!) and I certainly hope the invitation was immediately rescinded by the sender!