Wednesday, September 3, 2008

k steals business card, learns email address

one day--just last month--i arrive at work, and as i walk by k's desk she leaps up and presents a business card in her hand. waving the card around like some sort of hypnotized snake, k goes on to explain that she's sorry (k is always sorry, for everything, even things that aren't her fault), but she has gone into my office and taken one of my business cards. she goes on to say that, although she's really sorry (again) for going in and just taking it, she realized that she didn't have one, and because of that she really didn't have my email address. she explains that she tried to send me an email and that it was bounced back, so she just didn't have the right email address and thus needed a card. hmm. admittedly, i have one of those germanic last names with excessive and superfluous vowels. even i sometimes mix up a few letters!! but, how could she NOT have my email address after working here this long? how could she NOT have a sent email she could consult from the droves of emails she sends me every day? how could she NOT have consulted our *new* website?

i want my card back.

No comments: