Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Funny Email Chain

This email exchange took place today, and I got a good laugh out of it. I sincerely wanted Special K to have retained and understood basic aspects of the English language and also the particulars of our place of business. Alas, I was disappointed. I guess all the punctuation is correct. That should have been my first clue.

To all Staff:
I have enclosed a copy of the email (or "fax") that was sent to The Boss Lady yesterday, summarizing our daily office events. She has provided a response to most everyone's comments. Please read the information below that corresponds to you and provide her with the necessary information. Many thanks. Please let me know if you need any assistance.
With best wishes,
Sincerely,
Special K

-----Original Message-----(from L)

I think the correct use of quotations (and the realization that there is a difference between an email and a fax, and that calling the email a "fax" is, indeed, incorrect) should be celebrated. I think our little girl is growing up....

Then again, The Boss Lady probably drafted the email and just forwarded it to her. We could celebrate that she was able to cut and paste. That's pretty hard too!

-----Original Message-----(from S)

Now, slow down L -- cancel the pony rides. That first pasted blurb confused the crap out of me until I realized it was written by me in a fax from 2007.

No comments: