Thursday, September 18, 2008

Special K Does What She's Told, Special K's Nose Does Too

It's funny. I've never seen K use the Ladies Room. We're a small office, so you expect to run into someone every once in a while exiting or entering the loo. And so it came to pass that I was in the downstairs (first floor, ground floor for you Europeans) restroom, changing into my gym clothes when in walked K. Woah! She was sniffling, and had been all day, breathing out of her mouth and wiping her nose on her sleeve with so much grace. I said hi, which was an invitation for K tell my why she was entering the restroom, as if she needed an excuse. "Oh, sorry! I'm just getting some tissue so I can blow my nose! The Boss Lady just observed that my nose was running, and sure enough, it is! So I'm just going to get some tissue so I can blow my nose and then maybe that will make me feel better."

K was out sick the next day, but not before she trekked all the way to work and was "observed" as sick.

No comments: