Thursday, December 18, 2008

Did I scare you?

We've all noted that none of us has ever seen Special K enter the restroom here in crazyland, aside from the one time that L caught her in there blowing her nose after the Long Haired One instructed her to do so. This is a particularly amazing feat when one considers that she commutes well over an hour each way to get to work. So to top off the numerous skills and special qualities we've mentioned, Special K can apparently "hold it" for at least 12 hours at a time.

I, on the other hand, find myself in the ladies' room periodically. And so when I was exiting the ladies' room and encountered Special K just outside the door, I didn't think that much of it. Except that she got a deer in headlights look, completely froze, and stared me down for a couple of seconds before blurting, "I am so sorry, did I scare you?! Excuse me."

I couldn't really manage much more than a look of disbelief and a slight shake if the head. No, Special K, you didn't scare me. I realize that I work in a small office, and that being the only one who works downstairs, I encounter the others less frequently than most people probably do in a normal work setting. Still, I recognize that I might just run into someone every now and then.

Maybe I should just learn to hold it.

2 comments:

A. Saturday said...

I need new updates on Special K in my life!

S said...

Me too... I haven't talked to her much of late. Although I did go in to talk to the Boss Lady about Special K's incompetence the other day. I was summoned simply as backup for someone else to air their greivances. I admit I sat there scared the whole time that Special K's menial -- and above-her-- tasks would be assigned to me by default. And no, there has been no resolution to the situation... duh.