Thursday, October 2, 2008

K Labels Scrap Paper As Scrap Paper

I've mentioned before that I print quite a bit. Since I usually have to go through several drafts of my work, (so The Boss Lady can change a phrase or word to another similar phrase or word that usually is just a superficial edit and then change it back while not realizing it is exactly the same as the original) I print on scrap paper. Recently I went into the library, which holds the stockpile of scrap paper, to retrieve more materials for my hyper word-smithed work.

The scrap paper sits in 2 1/2 foot pile on a lower shelf in the library, conveniently labeled "Scrap Paper" in Special K's scrawl. I took some and finished my printing job. For no particular reason, I turned over the paper, to see what mysteries of our company might be revealed on the other side, and I saw I was using old letterhead, with the name of the former director who was gone before I got here. On this particular sheet, his name had been crossed out -- perhaps a reminder to K not to use it? I'll never know. Curious, I looked at the other sheets of paper in my pile -- they all had the name crossed out too. I checked in the library, and the entire 2 1/2 foot pile of paper had the name of the former director crossed out, I assume so that we all knew that it was scrap paper. Since, you know, that initial sheet on the top and the fact the guy doesn't work here anymore isn't evidence enough.

I wonder how long it took her to tackle that monumental project.

No comments: