Friday, October 3, 2008

The get-out-of-work-free "note." Praise be!

Transcription of scrawled handwritten note from Special K found at the entrance to our office this morning:

Friday 10/3/08 (message was left on our answering machine)
7:55am

ATTENTION:

Special Computer Friend [SCF] called to say that one of their email/webservers are "down." The (our) system may be "down" for a couple more hours or all day -- SCF wanted to let us know. If anyone has any questions, please contact him on xxx-xxx-xxxx. Thanks.
(Name of computer company here)

As 99.9% of my work is via email, I am pleased that I am simply unable to do my work. I am impressed that we were informed by the company that the server is down. Usually when it is "down," and I call them, they claim that no, it is not... uh, it's not up for debate.

1 comment:

L said...

She asked me if I saw the note. How could I not? It's written on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper in what would be 35 point font and is placed right next to where we sign in. She reminded me that it was there as "just and FYI" and also that the Deputy was out sick, also "just an FYI." All I could do was nod...as usual...