Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Calling NASA to find out what time Safeway closes

Yesterday boss lady came back from her trip and the first thing she does is sneak up on me in my office and say, "I thought you were cleaning up in here." (Yes, I have A LOT of old file boxes in here, but it isn't something I'd planned on doing, nor been able to tackle lately.) Thanks for the hint, mom. Second thing she tells me is that Special K has been unable (for approximately 3 or 4 months) to figure out where she can order a specific office supply, and would I look around? Now if Special K can't find said office supply in office supply catalogues, an online search, or "traveling far and wide in search of office supplies" -- please see her yearly review sheet-- then how am I supposed to help? (I mean, beyond the fact that I do know what "Google" is?) (And why am I next in line, honestly?) Boss Lady must have got this from the withering look I gave her, so she said that I should call [a very prestigious national institution] and ask someone there where they ordered said office supply -- because she had seen it used in one of their mailings. Soooo, I am supposed to randomly phone a wold-renowned institution and ask what would be akin to, "I was just curious about where you buy your post-it notes?" I imagine it would go over as well as calling NASA to find out what time Safeway closes.

4 comments:

A. Saturday said...

Dead ladies of the {un named place of employment},

You may tell S that I am more than happy to assist Special K with her endeavor. I can call my Office Depot Rep who had a bit part in "Coming to America."

After reading all these posts, I think it's high time sibling S finally invites me to visit her job! After all these years I have never been allowed to step foot into the building.

S said...

S says that you-- and Mr. C-- are invited to take me to lunch over the week of Thanksgiving.

L said...

The conclusion of this story is that the task was finally handed down to me. I advised dear K where to find said office supply (we used the very same in my previous job, so I knew right where to look!). She couldn't thank me, the look of defeat from her months-long crucible had worn her out too much to do so.

M said...

a.saturday, if you visit, you have to contribute to the blog.

And you're right, we are kinda "dead" since the place is so soul-crushing.