Thursday, January 29, 2009

Long time reader - first time writer here.

I am fairly new to the staff, but have had the joy of having many long talks with Special K - most of which start off with her popping into to my office with an 'FYI' or a 'I don't mean to scare you'...scare me? Huh? On Thursday's, I have to joy of starting my mornings an hour before the rest of the staff here - I know, I'm just sort of lucky that way. This morning, being a Thursday, is no exception.

As most mornings, when I arrive I make my way into the kitchen for my cup of caffeine - when Special K meanders over, asking if she scared me..uh, no - just making my cup of caffeine. With this Special K shuffles to the refrigerator (yes, the one on the second floor...not that I know of another one in our office) and asks me if I smell the stench. At first, I didn't know what to say - I mean, if I tell her the truth, that 'yes, something in the fridge should be tossed', or 'yeah, i do believe the fridge might need a cleaning' Special K may very well sell me out to my co-workers, but if I keep quiet the fridge may continue to have a foul odor.

Finally my will bends beneath her clueless glare and I comment that L and I discussed it yesterday and thought that a box of baking soda might do the trick. Instantly, I was afraid I had overstepped, agreeing with her could have serious consequences, my coworkers might stop talking to me for the 5 minutes that we are allowed, or I might be cut off from all caffeine intake...the possibilities were endless. My nerves were on edge as I wracked my brain with some way to convince her not to reveal my identity.

Luckily, Special K has almost a sixth sense about her - she understood the importance that hung on my anonymity.



To all Staff:

This morning I noticed a “foul” odor, apparently coming from something in the refrigerator (on the second floor), once I opened the refrigerator door. The stench of this unpleasant odor has also been confirmed by a co-worker. Does anyone know what the smell is or which source is prompting this unpleasant aroma? Any suggestions in alleviating this problem would be greatly appreciated! If the smell does not dissipate by tomorrow afternoon – I will probably throw the refrigerated food in the trash on Friday evening (at the end of the working day) so that cleaning lady will remove the trash from the building this weekend when she comes to work.

Again, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.


Sincerely,
Special K



Unfortunately, when the email was sent out - I was the only other person in the office...goodbye caffeine. I will miss you.

3 comments:

L said...

I shoulda known it was you...ya filthy, yella-bellied rat! Why I oughta...

M said...

I think the "foul" odor must have something to do with you, M2.0. She who smelt it, dealt it.

Kinton said...

so what was the foulness smellness?