Friday, August 29, 2008

Whoa, that's a person?

Special K has a special way of not being able to perform most of the tasks that would normally be handed to a someone in her position. This means that we all get to take on really fun, menial tasks for her. But one thing she does do is answer all incoming calls to the office. Now, some people have told me that our receptionist was "delightful"--she has a sing-songy phone voice, and Special K is always eager to please. But the sing-songy-ness is a little over the top. So over the top that I don't really give out this number to friends. But one day my cell phone was dead, and I emailed a friend to tell her to call me on my office line so we could make after-work plans over the phone.

She did. And after Special K put the call through, I asked Jen what she thought of our whacko receptionist. Her response? "Whoa, that's a person? I thought that was a recording!"

She gives Amtrak's Julie a run for her money.

No comments: